Your new MVC Web App + Reusable Framework powered by Genesys Source is ready!
Step 1: Publish the Foundation.Database (SSDT) project to your SQL Server by:
- Double-click Foundation.Database\Publish\PublishToDev.publish.xml to bring up the Publish form
- Set your SQL connection by clicking the Edit button
- Click Publish and SSDT will publish schema, SPs, views and data to your destination database
Step 2: Set the Foundation.Entity (EF) connection strings to your SQL Server by:
Important: Most problems are caused by invalid SQL Connection and/or User
- Open Foundation.WebApp\App_Data\ConnectionStrings.config
- Change DatabaseServer.dev.GenesysFramework.com to your SQL Server machine name
- For SQL Authentication, change "Integrated Security=true" to "user id=USER; password=PASS;"
Step 3: Run the Foundation.WebApp project
- Right-cick the Foundation.WebApp project and select Set as Startup Project
- Press F5 to run
- Click the Search link at the top, enter "i" for First Name, and click Search to see records with "i"
Genesys Source is a full-stack .NET solution with Data Tier, Middle Tier and Presentation Tier projects that centralize your business objects in one reusable solution. Your framework C# objects then can be used in any app type that you may need - in a web site, in a web service, in a mobile app and in the database.